We are so happy that you're ready to share your photos and videos with the Campendium community!
Posting Photos to a Review Page
- Horizontal photos work best on Campendium.
- Only post photos that are relevant to the camping location.
- The Campendium community loves to see photos of campsites, your rig in a campsite, and the amenities available at a camping location.
- Learn more about deleting a photo from Campendium, here.
You can upload photos to a Campendium review page without leaving a review. Follow the steps below to learn how to upload photos on the website or the mobile app:
The Upload Photos button can be found in two places on a review page:
- Under the push-out arrow on the left which travels with you as you scroll a review page.
- Upload Photos button on top of the photos area on the right-hand side of the page.
Both of these will take you to a new page where you should click the Select Photos from Your Computer button.
You'll be directed to use your computer's system to locate and submit photos. After your photos are finished processing you'll get a Success! message and you will have the opportunity to caption your photos or delete any that may have been uploaded by mistake.
Select 'Add More Photos' to continue or 'I'm Done' to return to the review page.
The Add Photos button can be found by scrolling down a review page. It's beneath Reviews and above Cell Signal.
Tapp the Add Photos button and a new screen will open. Tap 'Select Photos'. A pop up will appear:
- Tap 'Camera' to open your phone's camera and take photos in real time
- Tap 'Photo Album' to add photos you've saved to your photo library
If you select photos from your Photo Library be sure to tap 'Add' in the upper right corner of the screen once you've chosen photos. After tapping 'Add', you will see your photos on the Add Photos screen, and can type a caption or delete any photos that were accidentally selected.
When you are finished tap 'Submit Photos'. Your photos will process and may be held for moderation. Check back in a few minutes to see the photos you just uploaded on the Campendium review page!
In the meantime, if you have photos you want to share with the community while using your Android device, please open the Campendium website on a browser on your phone. To learn more about the Campendium Android app, see our article: Campendium's Android App
Posting Videos to a Review Page
You can share your YouTube campground review or tour videos while using the Campendium website. Videos cannot be shared through the mobile app (yet!)
Note that video links posted in a written review will not work. Instead, you'll want to post your YouTube video using the Share a Video feature on a Campendium review page.
Share a Video can be found in two places on a review page:
- Under the push-out arrow on the left that travels with you as you scroll.
- The Share a Video button located before and after Reviews on the page.
At this time only YouTube videos can be shared on Campendium and you must use the YouTube Share link when posting a video: