We are so happy that you're ready to share your photos and videos with the Campendium community!
Posting Photos to a Review Page
- Horizontal photos work best on Campendium.
- Only post photos that are relevant to the camping location.
- The Campendium community loves to see photos of campsites, your rig in a campsite, and the amenities available at a camping location.
- Learn more about deleting a photo from Campendium, here.
You can upload photos to a Campendium review page with or without leaving a review. Follow the steps below to learn how to upload photos on the website or the mobile app.
The Upload Photos button can be found in two places on a review page:
- Under the push-out arrow on the left which travels with you as you scroll a review page.
- Upload Photos button on top of the photos area on the right-hand side of the page.
Both of these will take you to a new page where you should click the Select Photos from Your Computer button.
You'll be directed to use your computer's system to locate and submit photos. After your photos are finished processing you'll get a Success! message and you will have the opportunity to caption your photos or delete any that may have been uploaded by mistake.
Select 'Add More Photos' to continue or 'I'm Done' to return to the review page.
The Add Photos button can be found by scrolling down a review page. It's beneath Reviews and above Cell Signal.
Tap the Add Photos button and a new screen will open. Tap 'Select Photos'. A pop-up will appear.
- Tap 'Camera' to open your phone's camera and take photos in real time
- Tap 'Photo Album' to add photos you've saved to your photo library
If you select photos from your Photo Library be sure to tap 'Add' in the upper right corner of the screen once you've chosen photos. After tapping 'Add', you will have the option to type a caption or delete any photos that were accidentally selected.
When you are finished tap 'Submit Photos'. Your photos will process and may be held for moderation. Check back in a few minutes to see the photos you just uploaded on the Campendium review page!
Tap Add Photos, then tap Select Photos. This will open your device's photo album if you have given Campendium permission to access it. Select the photos you wish to add to the page, then tap 'Add' in the lower right corner of your album. The selected photos should now appear in Campendium. Make sure you want to add all of the displayed photos and tap Submit photos. Your photos will process and may be held for moderation.
The Android app does not yet allow you to take live photos, so be sure to use your device's photo system to take photos and save them to your photo album so you can upload them to Campendium!
Posting Videos to a Review Page
You can share your YouTube campground review or tour videos while using the Campendium website. Videos cannot be shared through the mobile app (yet!)
Note that video links posted in a written review will not work. Instead, you'll want to post your YouTube video using the Share a Video feature on a Campendium review page.
Share a Video can be found in two places on a review page:
- Under the push-out arrow on the left that travels with you as you scroll.
- The Share a Video button located before and after Reviews on the page.
At this time only YouTube videos can be shared on Campendium and you must use the YouTube Share link when posting a video: